Following links areÂ those elusive and rare pieces of evidence which prove that the Internet is more than a mere cesspool of idiotic comments:
- Kafka's Poseidon
- Watterson's Kenyon commencement address
- Heisenberg's essay on Science and Religion
- Paul Lockhart's A Mathematician's lament
- G.H.Hardy's Apology
- Bertrand Russel's In praise of idleness.
- Charles Krauthammer's The Unipolar Moment
- Veblen's Theory of the leisure class
- Steiner and Weiss on Veblen in the light of counter-snobbery
- The Kardashian index (for scientists)
- David Foster Wallace's Federer as a religious experience
- A world without work
- The very brilliant Rajan Parikkar's very brilliant resource on Indian classical music.
- C.P.Snow's The two cultures
- William Deresiewicz's The Disadvantages of an Elite Education
- Einstein's Why Socialism
- Village Atheists, Village Idiots by Sam Kriss
Some sites of general and personal interest:
- Science isn't broken
- A highly recommended search engine for privacy minded people: duckduckgo
- Control what Google stores, analyzes, and shares about you.
- Spark magazine